Thursday, April 22, 2010

It Lives! Woooo Hoooo!

About damn time! I got the eBay motor, pulled out the fan, pressed it onto my rotor and put her back together.

It was still a bit rough.

I pulled it apart, made sure to shim the front bearing properly, and put it back together.

Much better but the rear was still groaning a bit.

I pulled it apart, noted the grease leaking out of the rear bearing, pulled it off the shoulder by 1/8" and pressed the motor back together.

Much, MUCH better. Still not perfect but almost acceptable. I threw an 8" blade on there and it actually helped (as well as masked the noise ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment